Frequently Asked Questions¶
Can I use
grappa with any testing framework?¶
Yes, you can.
grappa is testing framework agnostic.
In fact, you don’t even need to use a testing framework at all to use it.
Can I extend
grappa with other assertion operators?¶
Of course you can.
grappa is an extensible modular testing library.
See creating your custom operators documentation section.
grappa instead of traditional Python assertions?¶
Some people would argue that
grappa is more verbose.
It certainly is, but comes with several benefits that you won’t have without it, such as:
- Expressivity: code intentions are more clear, easy to read and understand.
- Readability: besides trivial assertions, it help you writing complex assertions is a human-friendly way.
- Underline complex assertions with an expressive, human-friendly DSL.
- Great error report system with detailed failure reasons, subject/expectation comparison diff, embedded code.
- Lazy evaluation allows
grappaunderstand what you’re expressing in code to perform more fine-grane validations.
grappadoes type validation under the hood to ensure your providing a valid type.
grappais an extensible assertion layer that can be used in a lot of ways, such as for HTTP protocol testing.
- First-class support for Python data structures assertions and access.